Some private studies suggest that one in three Americans under the age of 65 may have been uninsured at some time in the last two years.
U.S. Senators have access to a wide range of insurance options through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. Congress has its own “attending physician” — actually, a team of 5 doctors and 14 nurses who work in the Capitol and nearby Congressional office buildings. Lawmakers can fill prescriptions at a small pharmacy in the Capitol. For more serious problems, they can use nearby military hospitals.
Just Off Insular Senate Floor, Life of the Uninsured Intrudes - New York Times
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Duke scientists identify 'silenced genes'
- Rite Aid Stores in West Selling a Paternity Test K...
- Just Off Insular Senate Floor, Life of the Uninsur...
- Man Who Helped Start Stem Cell War May End It
- Scientists Bypass Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cell...
- Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cance...
- Cell Insights May Predict Breast Cancer's Spread
- Report Urges Regulation of Genetic Tests
- Monsanto is developing genetically modified plants...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2006 (77)