U.S. researchers believe they're on the way to solving a major question about breast cancer: Which women have a type of lesion in their breast duct that will progress to invasive disease?
"It's an exciting step forward -- people have been trying to get traction on this big clinical problem for about 40 years, and this is a big crack in the door," said lead researcher Thea Tlsty, a professor of pathology at the University of California, San Francisco.
Cell Insights May Predict Breast Cancer's Spread - Yahoo! News
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Duke scientists identify 'silenced genes'
- Rite Aid Stores in West Selling a Paternity Test K...
- Just Off Insular Senate Floor, Life of the Uninsur...
- Man Who Helped Start Stem Cell War May End It
- Scientists Bypass Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cell...
- Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cance...
- Cell Insights May Predict Breast Cancer's Spread
- Report Urges Regulation of Genetic Tests
- Monsanto is developing genetically modified plants...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2006 (77)