The compound found in cannabis, called cannabidiol (CBD), inhibits a gene, Id-1, that researchers believe is responsible for the metastatic process that spreads cells from the original tumor throughout the body.
Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer - Yahoo! News
Smok'em if ya gott'em but then again the lung cancer might get ya instead
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- Duke scientists identify 'silenced genes'
- Rite Aid Stores in West Selling a Paternity Test K...
- Just Off Insular Senate Floor, Life of the Uninsur...
- Man Who Helped Start Stem Cell War May End It
- Scientists Bypass Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cell...
- Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cance...
- Cell Insights May Predict Breast Cancer's Spread
- Report Urges Regulation of Genetic Tests
- Monsanto is developing genetically modified plants...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2006 (77)