Chemists spend hours synthesizing compounds that a cell can make in minutes. Now, researchers have demonstrated a way to bridge that gap. They've synthesized a complex natural product by taking enzymes used by a cell and mixing them with simple starting materials in a single flask. The one-step process offers a simple, potentially quicker way to manufacture drugs based on molecules found in nature
Technology Review: Natural Products Made in a Test Tube
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- MicroRNAs may be key to HIV's ability to hide, eva...
- Is DCA "The Cure" for Cancer?
- BIRD FLU IN SASKATCHEWAN CANADA
- Researchers develop new technique to synthesize dr...
- DNA unraveled - New info Francis Collin's calls a ...
- A Dream Team Of Drugs And Diagnosis?
- Senate OKs FDA drug safety bill and Pharma has to...
- Genome Area Linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Will Sharing Ideas Advance Cancer Research?
- Genetics Hold Promise, Challenges for Cancer Care
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2006 (77)