Acu-Gen Biolab of Lowell, Mass., said the kit could detect the gender of the fetus with 99.9 percent accuracy — and as early as five weeks into pregnancy. The test costs $275 and comes with a 200 percent money-back guarantee. In the suit, the claimants said they relied on the company's promise to refund the fee if their tests weren't accurate, but when they tried to get their money back, the company refused to provide a refund and instead changed the terms of the refund policy, acccording to the lawsuit
ABC News: Parents Sue Over Pregnancy Test Said to Tell Baby's Sex
BioBOOM Op/Ed: This the Boy's "R" Us story?
We can only hope these charitans get hammered. A diagnostic with no data? Or better yet we are going to start selling some new collect at home tests with no data or claims ourselves.... seems like good money. Hello FDA - this is the kind of thing you should be stopping instead of the painstaking efforts you some times make proper scientifically founded assays jump thru hoops. Worse yet you restrict from use when there is data and proper claims. But hey if you wanna try it go here: http://babygendermentor.com/product.php?pid=3
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Bird flu expected to hit West Coast by summer
- Consumers Turn to Their DNA for Answers
- The Human Genome [On The Trail Again]
- Testicles may provide a better kind of stem cell
- Studies Suggest Avian Flu Pandemic Isn't Imminent
- Aging Japan builds robot to look after elderly
- DNA Diet: Bogus or Breakthrough?
- Fisher to buy Athena, stake in Nanogen
- Gene therapy gives hope to haemophiliacs
- Scientist does "origami" folding with DNA
- DNA-Shaped Nebula Spotted in Space
- Playing Stem Cell Lottery
- Discoveries about the variability of the human gen...
- News in Science - Menstrual bloodldsstem cells
- Plant sterol pills significantly lower LDL cholest...
- Government Health Researchers Pressed to Share Dat...
- Canadian claims to have developed world's first bl...
- Hey Starbucks, how about a genetic test to go wit...
- Sensor instantly detects cocaine or other toxins i...
- Parents Sue Over Pregnancy Test Said to Tell Baby'...
- ▼ March (20)