Fisher agreed to buy privately held medical test maker Athena Diagnostics Inc. for $283 million cash from investment firm Behrman Capital, as well as a minority interest in biotech company Nanogen Inc. for $15.1 million.
Fisher to buy Athena, stake in Nanogen
BioBOOM Op/Ed: The move is on in MDx acquizition and investments (See Asuragen from Ambion too). Be prepared for assimilation. Third Wave can only hope to be next for someone so they can be put out of their misery. Of course there are some bad risks and losers out there too. Call us if you'd like to be warned.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Bird flu expected to hit West Coast by summer
- Consumers Turn to Their DNA for Answers
- The Human Genome [On The Trail Again]
- Testicles may provide a better kind of stem cell
- Studies Suggest Avian Flu Pandemic Isn't Imminent
- Aging Japan builds robot to look after elderly
- DNA Diet: Bogus or Breakthrough?
- Fisher to buy Athena, stake in Nanogen
- Gene therapy gives hope to haemophiliacs
- Scientist does "origami" folding with DNA
- DNA-Shaped Nebula Spotted in Space
- Playing Stem Cell Lottery
- Discoveries about the variability of the human gen...
- News in Science - Menstrual bloodldsstem cells
- Plant sterol pills significantly lower LDL cholest...
- Government Health Researchers Pressed to Share Dat...
- Canadian claims to have developed world's first bl...
- Hey Starbucks, how about a genetic test to go wit...
- Sensor instantly detects cocaine or other toxins i...
- Parents Sue Over Pregnancy Test Said to Tell Baby'...
- ▼ March (20)