About 50,000 birds have died in the area in the last few days and samples sent to a government laboratory confirmed bird flu in the western Maharashtra State and eight people were being checked for the disease after tests on poultry in a western state showed they were infected with the deadly A(H5N1) strain.
India Declares Arrival of Avian Flu Where 50,000 Birds Died - New York Times
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Beijing Warns of Bird Flu; Chirac Urges Calm
- Researchers Demonstrate Value for the First Geneti...
- Scientists Find Virus in Some Prostate-Cancer Pati...
- Stem Cells May Be Key to Cancer
- India Declares Arrival of Avian Flu Where 50,000 B...
- Genome data may contain small but significant erro...
- Bird flu 'could take 142m lives
- Greetings Kill: Primer for a Pandemic
- Spread of Bird Flu Boosts Pandemic Chances
- Firms give U.S. millions for genetic research
- Stem cells implanted in hearts
- DNA Kits Aim to Link You to the Here and Then
- Windfall for drug industry raises questions
- ▼ February (14)