To the pantheon of social arbiters who came up with the firm handshake, the formal bow and the air kiss, get ready to add a new fashion god: the World Health Organization, chief advocate of the "elbow bump. Distancing also encompasses less drastic measures, like wearing face masks, staying out of elevators — and the bump. Such stratagems, those experts say, will rewrite the ways we interact, at least during the weeks when the waves of influenza are washing over us.
Greetings Kill: Primer for a Pandemic - New York Times
BioBOOM Op/Ed: New meaning to the Neil Simon play title "Death of a Salesman". Do you really want to be shaking hands with a rep in your lab if this thing hits?
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Beijing Warns of Bird Flu; Chirac Urges Calm
- Researchers Demonstrate Value for the First Geneti...
- Scientists Find Virus in Some Prostate-Cancer Pati...
- Stem Cells May Be Key to Cancer
- India Declares Arrival of Avian Flu Where 50,000 B...
- Genome data may contain small but significant erro...
- Bird flu 'could take 142m lives
- Greetings Kill: Primer for a Pandemic
- Spread of Bird Flu Boosts Pandemic Chances
- Firms give U.S. millions for genetic research
- Stem cells implanted in hearts
- DNA Kits Aim to Link You to the Here and Then
- Windfall for drug industry raises questions
- ▼ February (14)