Problems with the federal government's new Medicare prescription drug plan are creating a health crisis in California, Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Friday, a day after the state announced emergency drug coverage for California's seniors because of the problems. The problems appear to stem from the fact that 6 million elderly, low-income and disabled people - including 1 million Californians - were automatically switched into the new drug program Jan. 1. These people previously had been covered by the Medicaid state-federal health care program for the poor, called Medi-Cal in California.mThe system was apparently not equipped to handle the influx.
AP Wire 01/13/2006 Feinstein: 'Major health emergency' in Calif. from drug plan
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Intracellular Observation Of RNA Metabolism Will H...
- Fred Siegman, a friend we will miss
- First Bird Flu Death Confirmed in Iraq
- Germ Sensors
- Bird Flu Gene Analysis Finds New Clue
- Paging Dr. Google
- ABC News: Poll: Most Find Medicare Program Puzzlin...
- Yogurt may help stop HIV infections, report says
- NIH Halts International AIDS Study
- DeCode Genetics Claims Discovery of Major Genetic ...
- Major health emergency' in Calif. from drug plan
- Taiwan breeds transgenic, fluorescent, green pig
- Some Interesting slides from JP Morgan Conference ...
- JPMorgan Healthcare Conference - connect here for ...
- Amylin designing trial of sustained diabetes drug
- Biotech investors swarm into S.F. after encouragin...
- U.S. Farmers to Begin Testing Chickens for Flu
- Hospitals' profit margin hits 6-year high in 2004
- Colon cancer test is promising
- Biotech research has freer hand in Asia
- From Fierce Biotech
- ▼ January (21)