The hospital industry is in the midst of its biggest construction boom in 50 years, spending nearly $100 billion in inflation-adjusted dollars in the past five years for new and expanded facilities nationwide, often in rapidly growing suburban areas. That spending comes as conditions have been good for both borrowing and spending. Hospitals reported an average 5.2% profit margin in 2004, the last full year of data available from the American Hospital Association.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- Intracellular Observation Of RNA Metabolism Will H...
- Fred Siegman, a friend we will miss
- First Bird Flu Death Confirmed in Iraq
- Germ Sensors
- Bird Flu Gene Analysis Finds New Clue
- Paging Dr. Google
- ABC News: Poll: Most Find Medicare Program Puzzlin...
- Yogurt may help stop HIV infections, report says
- NIH Halts International AIDS Study
- DeCode Genetics Claims Discovery of Major Genetic ...
- Major health emergency' in Calif. from drug plan
- Taiwan breeds transgenic, fluorescent, green pig
- Some Interesting slides from JP Morgan Conference ...
- JPMorgan Healthcare Conference - connect here for ...
- Amylin designing trial of sustained diabetes drug
- Biotech investors swarm into S.F. after encouragin...
- U.S. Farmers to Begin Testing Chickens for Flu
- Hospitals' profit margin hits 6-year high in 2004
- Colon cancer test is promising
- Biotech research has freer hand in Asia
- From Fierce Biotech
- ▼ January (21)