This is essentially FluMist for bird flu, and the hope is that, in the event of a flu pandemic, immunizing people through their noses could provide faster, more effective protection than the troublesome shots — made with a killed virus — the nation now is struggling to produce.
NIH Uses Live Viruses for Bird Flu Vaccine - Yahoo! News
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Tiny biosensor to detect cancer
- Ambion acquired for $273 million
- Gene therapy may cure 2 blood diseases
- Deadly fungus gene code cracked
- Signs that the H5N1 bird flu virus may be developi...
- Why biotechs are good bet for 2006
- Mining biotech's data mother lode
- Seoul University Probes Stem Cell Research
- NIH Uses Live Viruses for Bird Flu Vaccine
- Experts to Create Genetic Map of Cancer
- Mice Created With Human Brain Cells
- Cancer as a Scout and Recon team working for it - ...
- Study says farmers benefiting from higher yields, ...
- Gates puts money where mouth is and that might jus...
- Thousands of Babies Have Strokes Annually
- Swedish HIV vaccine revives hopes for DNA path
- Bird by Bird, China Tackles Vast Flu Task
- A total of 386 presumptively viremic blood donor...
- ▼ December (18)