Mining biotech's data mother lode
A 3D structure of a kinase-inhibitor interaction predicted for the pancreas tumour gene expression data. The predicted interaction is important for the regulation of cell growth.
EU-sponsored project has developed a suite of tools that will enable biotech companies to mine through vast quantities of data created by modern life-science labs to find the nuggets of genetic gold that lie within. The BioGrid project brought together six partners from the UK, Germany, Cyprus and The Netherlands to address one of the key problems facing the life sciences today.
IST Results - Mining biotech's data mother lode
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Tiny biosensor to detect cancer
- Ambion acquired for $273 million
- Gene therapy may cure 2 blood diseases
- Deadly fungus gene code cracked
- Signs that the H5N1 bird flu virus may be developi...
- Why biotechs are good bet for 2006
- Mining biotech's data mother lode
- Seoul University Probes Stem Cell Research
- NIH Uses Live Viruses for Bird Flu Vaccine
- Experts to Create Genetic Map of Cancer
- Mice Created With Human Brain Cells
- Cancer as a Scout and Recon team working for it - ...
- Study says farmers benefiting from higher yields, ...
- Gates puts money where mouth is and that might jus...
- Thousands of Babies Have Strokes Annually
- Swedish HIV vaccine revives hopes for DNA path
- Bird by Bird, China Tackles Vast Flu Task
- A total of 386 presumptively viremic blood donor...
- ▼ December (18)