Scientists announced Monday that they had created mice with small amounts of human brain cells in an effort to make realistic models of neurological disorders such as Parkinson disease.
Mice Created With Human Brain Cells - Yahoo! News
BioBOOM Op/Ed: We are also here at the American Society of Cell Biology meeing in San Francisco where thousands of researchers are posting their most recent work and talking with hundreds of biotech companies about ideas and tools for moving the science of discovery forward. This remarkable announcement most likely will send chills through anti-biotech groups who fear what they mistakenly think is some un-godly development. It's not...but if they prefer they can decide to go back to leaches and bloodletting while the rest of the enlightened masses continue to support harnessing science to save lives.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Tiny biosensor to detect cancer
- Ambion acquired for $273 million
- Gene therapy may cure 2 blood diseases
- Deadly fungus gene code cracked
- Signs that the H5N1 bird flu virus may be developi...
- Why biotechs are good bet for 2006
- Mining biotech's data mother lode
- Seoul University Probes Stem Cell Research
- NIH Uses Live Viruses for Bird Flu Vaccine
- Experts to Create Genetic Map of Cancer
- Mice Created With Human Brain Cells
- Cancer as a Scout and Recon team working for it - ...
- Study says farmers benefiting from higher yields, ...
- Gates puts money where mouth is and that might jus...
- Thousands of Babies Have Strokes Annually
- Swedish HIV vaccine revives hopes for DNA path
- Bird by Bird, China Tackles Vast Flu Task
- A total of 386 presumptively viremic blood donor...
- ▼ December (18)