The new variant found by DeCode Genetics is a more active version of a gene that helps govern the body's inflammatory response to infection. Called leukotriene A4 hydrolase, the gene is involved in the synthesis of leukotrienes, agents that maintain a state of inflammation.
Genetic Find Stirs Debate on Race-Based Medicine - New York Times
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Glaxo & Institut Pasteur hope to adapt measles sho...
- Merck to Cut Jobs, Close or Sell 5 Plants
- C.D.C. Proposes New Rules in Effort to Prevent Dis...
- Harvard affiliated hospitals to share large detail...
- Doctors Objecting to Planned Cut in Medicare Fees
- Pope Addresses Genome Conference
- Mixed Results for Lipitor Vs. Zocor
- Genetic Find Stirs Debate on Race-Based Medicine
- Appetite-Suppressing Hormone Discovered
- Biotech groups push for small-business rule change...
- Australian company to launch bird flu tests for H5...
- Changing vaccine systems no easy shot - baltimores...
- Commission recommends patient ID standard
- ▼ November (13)