Scientists have mapped patterns of tiny DNA differences that distinguish one person from another, an achievement that will help researchers find genes that promote common illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
New DNA Map Will Help Find Bad Genes - Yahoo! News
BioBOOM Op/ED: Ok now we got the announcement on what is essentially the SNP map. Will this mean a reduction in some business for companies that focus in that area. Last time Collins showed up holding a map at the white house on the genome it sent the biotech discovery market valuations on a long decline.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Health Stocks in Motion - Invitrogen and Serologi...
- Findings identify likely origins of prostate cance...
- New DNA Map Will Help Find Bad Genes
- Turned-off genes linked to ovarian cancer
- Scare Yourself Silly, but the Real Terrors Are at ...
- Britain: Bird Flu Is Deadly H5N1 Strain
- South Korea Opens Stem Cell Research Bank - Circum...
- In a crisis, creating DNA vaccine could help save ...
- Bayer Offers New Antibiotic With Promise in Fight ...
- Bird flu has biotech in high-flying frenzy similar...
- Biotech firm launches test of HIV drug
- Experiments May Overcome Stem-Cell Qualms
- Bird Flu Virus Resistant to Tamiflu
- | Stem cell heart cure to be tested
- Scientists create GM mosquitoes to fight malaria a...
- Cheeseburgers are good for the gut
- Embryonic Cells, No Embryo Needed: Hunting for Way...
- Injured Soldiers Bring Home Rare Infection
- After Delay, U.S. Faces Line for Flu Drug
- Safer test for unborn babies
- Microbes: New evidence for courtroom
- ▼ October (21)