Researchers have initial indications that certain diseases are connected to a disturbed microRNA pattern. Tuschl comments further: 'For example, the concentration of individual RNAs in the cells of certain tumors is noticeably high. This offers a completely new approach to fighting cancer.'
Thomas Tuschl's groundbreaking work in the field of RNA interference, 2005 Ernst Schering Prize awarded
BioBOOM Op/Ed: We think microRNA is the Today's biggest break through in medical research
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Wall Street Caves in to Anti-Science Terrorists
- The "Postive" Era of Gentically Modified Foods is...
- China promotes new typing reagent for leukemia
- New kind of health care is coming, says acting FDA...
- Possible Conflicts for Doctors Are Seen on Medical...
- Thomas Tuschl's groundbreaking work in the field o...
- Elan & Biogen plan relaunch of Tysabri
- Gene that controls the severity of asthma identifi...
- Study: Medical Research Spending Jumps
- New Orleans' Health System Faces Crisis
- Market forces block tailored medicines, says exper...
- Scientists Find Genetic Clues in Fanconi Anemia
- Glowing Mice - Jumping Genes
- Exiled from their La. labs, scientists assess thei...
- Super Bug
- Calif.'s Stem Cell Agency Awards Grants
- New Technique Tracks Stem Cells' Progress
- Study holds promise for new way to fight HIV
- Breast Cancer Risk Increased for African Americans...
- ▼ September (19)