The recipients of the first 16 grants, totaling $39.7 million over three years, included multimillion dollar awards to Stanford University, the California Institute of Technology, the University of Southern California and eight campuses of the University of California. Three nonprofit research labs and the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles also received grants during the monthly meeting of the 29-member Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, which runs the stem cell agency.
Calif.'s Stem Cell Agency Awards Grants - Yahoo! News
BioBOOM Op/Ed: Talk about some idiots. These yahoos at some far right of pluto group called Life Legal Defense Foundation is one of the reasons we are not moving on this research since they contine to use the courts against the vote (59% supported) simply holding up the voter APPROVED(yep 59%) money allocation. Hey LLDFer's this is not some religious theocracy we are living in. If you prefer that move to Iran
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Wall Street Caves in to Anti-Science Terrorists
- The "Postive" Era of Gentically Modified Foods is...
- China promotes new typing reagent for leukemia
- New kind of health care is coming, says acting FDA...
- Possible Conflicts for Doctors Are Seen on Medical...
- Thomas Tuschl's groundbreaking work in the field o...
- Elan & Biogen plan relaunch of Tysabri
- Gene that controls the severity of asthma identifi...
- Study: Medical Research Spending Jumps
- New Orleans' Health System Faces Crisis
- Market forces block tailored medicines, says exper...
- Scientists Find Genetic Clues in Fanconi Anemia
- Glowing Mice - Jumping Genes
- Exiled from their La. labs, scientists assess thei...
- Super Bug
- Calif.'s Stem Cell Agency Awards Grants
- New Technique Tracks Stem Cells' Progress
- Study holds promise for new way to fight HIV
- Breast Cancer Risk Increased for African Americans...
- ▼ September (19)