New Orleans and Mississippi = Higher Death Tolls Feared

The waters of swollen Lake Pontchartrain poured into this sunken city today through a gaping hole in a storm-damaged levee, as emergency workers labored to stanch the flow and used boats and helicopters to rescue hundreds of people stranded on rooftops. Hospitals were running out of power and scrambling to find places to take their patients. At one clinic, broken glass littered some areas and patients and staff had fallen on floors slick with floodwaters. Nurses were ventilating patients by hand after the power and then the backup generator failed. Some 300 patients had yet to be evacuated, but the babies in intensive care had been flown out.


Rescuers Search for Survivors as Higher Death Tolls Are Feared - New York Times

BioBOOM Op/Ed Prediction: Polluted waters causing cholera and dysentery, stagnant water with millions of mosquitoes leading to hundreds of cases of West Nile. Rabid animals causing rabies. Toxins causing cancer. Anarchy in the streets, looting, murders, fires and folks just trying to help and fix homes getting electrocuted. This is not over folks and sadly will get worse before it gets better. New Orleans and Mississippi might have been consider some back country before, now it becomes 3rd world. What we don't get is that the response from the President is crap now my vacation had to end early and cool I can get away from the protestors. Hey dude what about the strategic petroleum reserve? #$% DO SOMETHING! Your not saving anything else for the next generation so why save the oil?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problem with SPR - is how do you refine the crude. The papers say that 90% of refining capacity is down.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Sarah
My adoption law Site

Anonymous said...

PORTUGAL: Nestle to acquire HOD business - report
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to buy the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week.
Your blog looks cool! Hey, would you like to visit my website? It's about fund idea raising school. Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

California Digest
A coalition of anti-war activists have launched a national campaign, claiming that military recruiters are unfairly targeting minorities at high schools.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a proven and realistic site/blog. It pretty much covers proven and realistic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

News via RSS
Web publishers use RSS to easily create and distribute news feeds that include links, headlines, and summaries.
I've gotta say... I'm just glad to see how well your blog has turned out! I was just wondering yesterday when I was going to update my site. I think your's looks great!

I'm going to have to return soon -- I'll bookmark you now!

BTW, I have Bad Credit Loan Adverse ReMortgage Personal Mortgage Secured Finance site/ blog. It pretty much covers everything to do with loaning money, credit lines and Bad Credit Loan Adverse ReMortgage Personal Mortgage Secured Finance type stuff!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw your site. I like it, but your oped is way over the top: ...anarchy in the streets...NOLA and Mississippi now become 3rd world--not quite. I do agree that, "President is crap" though. I'll keep up with this blog.

job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my lil kim plastic surgery blog.

job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Once you sign on, check for my plastic surgery minneapolis blog.

Blog Archive