Experts worry that China is investing heavily in key areas like biotech and nanotech while U.S. funding for the National Institutes of Health has leveled off after a five-year doubling. Spending in some areas of the physical sciences has actually declined in real dollars.
A New Lab Partner For The U.S.?
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Amylin Seen Funding 'Massive' Phase III Trials
- New Orleans and Mississippi = Higher Death Tolls ...
- Celera Diagnostics Identifies New Heart Attack Gen...
- New Process May Lead to Mad Cow Diagnosis
- Research improves hopes for cancer vaccine
- Life-Lengthening Hormone Found in Mouse Research
- Calif. Targets 39 Companies in Drug Suit
- Fed legislation could imperil CA's stem cell effor...
- Amylin, Alkermes soar on Byetta data
- Genetic Material May Aid SARS Treatment
- Jury Awards Widow $253.4M in Vioxx Trial
- A Summer Surge For Volatile Biotech
- Role of MicroRNA Identified in Breast Cancer
- Scientists Claim to Invent Urine Batteries
- A New Lab Partner For The U.S.?
- Crocodile blood may yield powerful new drugs - HIV...
- Doctors' Links With Investors Raise Concerns
- DNA technology brings personal gene maps closer
- FLA Lawmakers hinge stem cell campaign on new Scri...
- NFL Teams to Use Pill to Monitor Body Heat
- New HIV Treatment Strategy Shows Promise
- Rice Genome Decoded, Better Crops Expected
- Senator seeks probe of drug researcher payments
- Drug researchers leak secrets to Wall St.
- Quest Diagnostics to acquire LabOne for $934M
- Avian Flu Vaccine Set for U.S. Production
- 'Cheap' genome sequencing now possible- scientists...
- Scientists pinpoint new breast cancer genes
- Gene therapy works in mice to prevent blindness th...
- Master regulatory gene found that guides fate of b...
- Mayo Clinic collaboration invents 'virus in stealt...
- Qiagen buys two firms as focus shifts to Proteins
- ▼ August (32)