The crocodile's immune system is much more powerful than that of humans, preventing life-threatening infections after savage territorial fights. Tests showed that the reptile's immune system kills HIV.
Crocodile blood may yield powerful new drugs - Yahoo! News
BioBOOM Op/Ed: This is not the first drug development work from a reptile yet it sure is hopeful. Today we have the 1st FDA approved from Amylin (gila monster lizard spit). Now neither of these use the blood or spit but rather are doing various genetic discovery processes to identify and map the functioning genes or protiens. Tremendous technical breakthrough for diabetes. We are watching that stock price continue to increase with rapid revenue growth. It will be huge over time and we hope this crock study will too.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- Amylin Seen Funding 'Massive' Phase III Trials
- New Orleans and Mississippi = Higher Death Tolls ...
- Celera Diagnostics Identifies New Heart Attack Gen...
- New Process May Lead to Mad Cow Diagnosis
- Research improves hopes for cancer vaccine
- Life-Lengthening Hormone Found in Mouse Research
- Calif. Targets 39 Companies in Drug Suit
- Fed legislation could imperil CA's stem cell effor...
- Amylin, Alkermes soar on Byetta data
- Genetic Material May Aid SARS Treatment
- Jury Awards Widow $253.4M in Vioxx Trial
- A Summer Surge For Volatile Biotech
- Role of MicroRNA Identified in Breast Cancer
- Scientists Claim to Invent Urine Batteries
- A New Lab Partner For The U.S.?
- Crocodile blood may yield powerful new drugs - HIV...
- Doctors' Links With Investors Raise Concerns
- DNA technology brings personal gene maps closer
- FLA Lawmakers hinge stem cell campaign on new Scri...
- NFL Teams to Use Pill to Monitor Body Heat
- New HIV Treatment Strategy Shows Promise
- Rice Genome Decoded, Better Crops Expected
- Senator seeks probe of drug researcher payments
- Drug researchers leak secrets to Wall St.
- Quest Diagnostics to acquire LabOne for $934M
- Avian Flu Vaccine Set for U.S. Production
- 'Cheap' genome sequencing now possible- scientists...
- Scientists pinpoint new breast cancer genes
- Gene therapy works in mice to prevent blindness th...
- Master regulatory gene found that guides fate of b...
- Mayo Clinic collaboration invents 'virus in stealt...
- Qiagen buys two firms as focus shifts to Proteins
- ▼ August (32)