Possible herpes virus Achilles' heel found

U of Michigan researchers are reporting the discovery of a receptor that appears to function as one “lock” that HSV opens to allow it to enter human cells. They've also found the gene that controls the production of that receptor, deciphered some aspects of the receptor's structure, and developed a pig-cell system that could be used to test new anti-herpes drugs."We can use the receptor molecule to try to understand the process and perhaps combat infection at this vulnerable site,” says A. Oveta Fuller, Ph.D. the leader of the U-M team, senior author on the two papers.

UMHS Press Release: Possible herpes virus Achilles' heel found

2 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
Go and find my picture of plastic surgery gone wrong blog.

born-of-hope said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Oh please, check for the blog site with my cash advance sacramento!

Blog Archive