They found that of 500 people, seven would see a doctor for an adverse drug reaction in one year," Zhan said. If you are a doctor, of every 270 patients there will be one who has an adverse drug reaction. If you are an emergency room doctor, then one patient out of every 133 will be seen for an adverse drug reaction
BioBOOM Op/Ed: Well that's a huge burden on health care systems. 74% of people with adverse drug reactions were seen at a doctor's office, 20%went to hospital emergency rooms, and 6% were seen at hospital outpatient departments, according to the report. Besides improved computer records and the suggestion to discuss treatment with relatives whom may also have had reactions may we suggest the need for metabolic profiling and additional investment in genomic screening for a more personalized approach, which the article does not seem to mention.
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (65)
- ► 2006 (77)
- California expands newborn test for genetic abnor...
- US Senate leader Frist backs stem cell research
- Genetic Regulator Of Lifespan Identified
- Government Is Investigating 3rd Possible Case of M...
- Gene engineered stem cells heal rat spines
- Sirna Therapeutics, Inc. (RNAI, breakthrough - a 9...
- Invitrogen to Acquire BioSource for $130M
- Possible herpes virus Achilles' heel found
- Trial to Test Stem Cells for Heart Attacks
- CDC and Fort Dodge Animal Health Achieve West NIle...
- Ciphergen jumps on Quest deal
- Multi-species genome comparison sheds new light on...
- The Next Ambien?
- Gene's mutations found to cause life-threatening a...
- Pfizer Q2 Profit Up, R&D Being Reorganized
- BIOART Ecce Homology
- Sigma inks licensing deal with Alnylam
- Senate approves Bush's pick to head FDA
- Moral Debate: Does Stem Cell Procedure Really Risk...
- Serologicals Corporation Implements Accelerated In...
- Stem cells may protect brain, nervous system -stud...
- Nearly 12,000 Pa. Patients Got Infections
- Genentech quarterly profit rises 73 pct
- Stem Cell Legislation Is at Risk
- First of Merck's many court days
- NYU's Center For Comparative Functional Genomics H...
- Roche Builds Factories for Genetech
- BD Announces Agreement to Sell Clontech to Takara
- Scientists identify novel gene driving the growth ...
- Study - circumcision reduces HIV
- Singapore biotech firm discovers new source of ste...
- Guidant Defibrillators Get Highest Warning
- Cisco - online push cuts costs and improves care, ...
- Americans Endure 4 Million Drug Reactions a Year
- ▼ July (34)