Affymetrix's new tiling microarrays may cause to question current views on genome research

A high-resolution scan of structure and function for nearly 30 percent of the human genome sequence was completed. They scaned the sequence of 10 human chromosomes and found that roughly 15 percent of the DNA sequence analyzed was transcribed; most sites of transcription were not located in areas associated with protein-coding genes. "The findings of this study compel us to reconsider how the genome is organized and regulated," said Thomas Gingeras, Vice President for Biological Research at Affymetrix and senior author of the Science manuscript. "These data point us toward two critical and exciting questions: What are the functions of these previously unannotated transcripts and what are the regulation schemes that orchestrate such complex assemblies of transcription? It seems certain that this is not the genome we learned about while in school."

ClearStation : News Articles : AFFX

3 comments:

job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
You got me! I will check out your arizona center plastic surgery tucson az blog a.s.a.p!

job opportunitya said...

Powerful blog. The site was incredible and will be
back again! Web surfing helps to find good blogs like
this one.
Please go over my the las vegas center for plastic surgery blog.

cash advance san antonioc said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
I want you to stop and compare with my business cash advance blog.

Blog Archive